The design phase of IT projects is an integral part of the Software Development Lifecycle, and just like any other stage in the process, it involves producing quality artefacts.
The development of every solution follows a few phases – planning, design, analysis, development, testing, and implementation - before it is put to use. An architect needs to create a blueprint; only then a building can be built following the code. Similarly, a solution designer creates a blueprint of any reasonably complex IT system. The system design not only defines the features and requirements of a solution but also benefits various aspects of an organization. The design:
- facilitates communication with different stakeholders right from customers to management.
- assists in defining business goals or a roadmap of change
- proposes technologies that can be used from maintainability and sustainability points of view
- meets non-functional requirements like maintainability, scalability, ease of monitoring etc.
- provides a solution on how a new application can integrate with legacy apps to easily blend in with the existing enterprise ecosystem
- provides a visual representation of a business solution that can outline how a company can minimize time and cost
At Origin InfoSolutions, solution designers are involved right from the beginning of the project to build the project framework. Depending on the stage of the project, i.e. enhancement or starting new, activity is broken down to different levels, artifacts are created at each level that can be used by different stakeholders.
We offer end-to-end services including planning, design, implementation and maintenance for the following types of business intelligence systems:
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Business Accounting (For Trading / Business Organizations)
- Fund Accounting (For Government / Non-Profit Organizations)
- Data Analytics, including data warehousing and data mining
Application development is the process of designing, building, and implementing software applications. It involves gathering business requirements, designing, prototyping, coding, testing and ongoing improvements and debugging of software.
Origin InfoSolutions offers
Over the years, application developers have been applying various methodologies, viz. Waterfall, RAD (Rapid Application Development) and Agile. Origin InfoSolutions relies on the later two (RAD and Agile) depending on the project.
- RAD is opted for when the goal is to produce a working version of the application as quickly as possible. It is based mostly on prototypes that are quickly developed and then continuously iterated. The application development team and the customer work very closely with each other throughout the process.
- Agile methology is used when the project is quite a large one, and can be broken down to sets of time when a feature should be built (called sprints). In Agile, different specialists including programmers, UI/UX designers, testers, technical writers and many others, work together on each sprint at one time.
Business Automation, also called Business Process Automation or Digital Transformation, is the use of advanced technology to execute recurring tasks or processes with minimal human intervention, with the objective of improving efficiency in business processes, streamlining them reducing cost and paperwork. Processes which are commonly automated in organizations include:
- Sales orders
- Time and attendance tracking
- Employee leave requests
- E-mail and push notifications
- Call center processes
- Helpdesk support
- Data aggregation and migration
- Backup and restoration
Origin InfoSolutions works closely with the management teams of their clients to help them realize their Business Automation objectives, which include:
- Boost in productivity through enhanced acceess
- More transparent business processes through improved visibility and accountability
- Insights to take preventive measures against recurring errors through monitoring and auditing
- Faster turnaround times and reduction in costs due to fewer manual interventions
- Ability to enhance workforce allocation, redirecting employees into tasks that require human effort and judgment.
The Internet has revolutionized the way we buy, pay and trade, and today all organizations are directly or indirectly dependent on e-commerce, be it online selling, purchasing, fund transfers or collections electronically.
There are three main types of e-commerce: business-to-business (e.g. IndiaMart, GeM etc.), business-to-consumer (Amazon. Flipkart etc.), and consumer-to-consumer (eBay, OLX etc.).
Origin InfoSolutions is uniquely positioned to help customers get onboard the e-commerce ecosystem, by helping them establish the following processes:
- Online Retailing
- Online Service Delivery
- Online Content Delivery
- Online Invoicing
- Online Collection of Revenue
- Online Payments
- Online Ticketing
- Online Customer Support & Helpdesk
In addition, Origin InfoSolutions provides support in setting up ancilliary service units, viz.
- Logistics: warehousing, delivery etc.
- Payments: Payment gateway integration, CoD enhancements etc.
- Marketing & Analytics: Customer Communication (SMS, Email, WhatsApp), Customer Acquisition, Site Analytics
- Customer Feedback & Surveys: Product reviews and ratings, consumer analytics etc.
Today, more and more businesses are opting for off-site hosting for applications, data and services to leverage the enhancements in efficiency and reliability and reduction in costs. With costly hardware getting outdated in an exponential speed and new standards kicking in every second, organizations are finding more reason in outsourcing the hosting of business-critical services and data to service providers.
Cloud computing, cloud hosting and cloud storage are further changing the way businesses run their processes and manage their resources, offering manifold enhancements in performance, availability, manageability and security of business applications and data. Unlike traditional hosting, solutions are not deployed on a single server. Instead, a network of connected virtual and physical cloud servers hosts the application or website, ensuring greater flexibility and scalability.
Origin InfoSolutions has partnered with leading hosting service providers to offer affordable, reliable and secure cloud hosting services to businesses for websites, applications and data. Our cloud hosting services offer the following benefits:
- Easy scalability of server resources like memory, storage and processing power
- Redundancy of server environment
- High uptime and availability
- Quick setup process for servers
- Safety from server hardware issues
- Faster website speed and performance
- Bandwidth scalabality depending on network traffic
Many organizations use free email hosting services like Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail for business communications. However, they lack the professional business advantages. A customized email address with a unique domain name for business magnifies the brand reputation and makes it easy to touch base the customers.
Origin InfoSolutions offers enterprise email solutions in partnership with leading service providers, in which you get the following features:
- Use your own domain name as email id suffix
- Send up to 1000 e-mails per hour
- Send attachments up to 25 MB in size
- 99.9% Network Uptime
- Calendars, Contacts and Tasks
- Inbuilt Spam Filters
- Unlimited aliases & group lists
- Compatible with popular email clients like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird etc.
- Full Archiving
- Easy Migration
- Instant Messaging
- Great Technical Support